November 17, 2008

What's for dinner? Bean & Cheese Enchilada's!

O.K. This is one of my most favorite frugal meals! Add a big salad and dinner is done.

Bean & Cheese Enchilada's

1 16oz can refried beans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheddar
8 small tortillas, flour
1 16oz can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup black sliced olives, optional

Stir together beans, 1/2 cup sour cream, seasonings, & 1 cup cheese. Spread 1/3 cup of mixture down center of ceach tortilla. Roll up. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Place filled tortillas in dish, seam down. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Bake @ 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and sour cream.

We usually are only able to eat one each, so I then put three of them in the freezer, and save the other 2 for lunches the next day for Dave and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...