June 25, 2011

Hats for a little girl fighting cancer

Recently my Mom asked me if I could make a few hats for a little 2 year old girl that's fighting leukemia. Of course I said yes, yes, yes! So here are the hats I ended up making...
First is the berry hat from the book crocheted gifts...




I used the plymouth yarn superwash merino for this one, and love how soft it is and how it turned out. Super cute, and I've been asked to make more for other little and big girls :)

The next one is a bunny hat that I made out of the September/October 2009 Crochet Today....



I used some sport weight yarn that I had in my stash, not sure of company and such, but it was a really neat pink and white twist.

The next one is my total favorite, and it came out of the May/June 2011 Crochet Today!
I used a multi colored bamboo cotton yarn for the main hat, along with pink and brown bamboo cotton for the flower. This hat was so much fun to make I am going to make more for the other little girls in my life.

Sorry I have been missing in action lately. I made a huge life change and my hubby and I started eating right and working out. I have had some major transformations both in my body and my mind and that has made me think about what I want to be when I grow up, lol. So I've been working out finishing up some schooling, and also pursuing other avenues.  So click HERE to go to my team beacbody page where you can see some pictures of my body changing in just 3 months so far. It's also been awesome working out with my hubby, it's really brought us closer and closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...