December 19, 2010

Handmade Christmas Goodness


I have had so much fun this year making gifts. Besides the really fun crocheted cupcake ornaments, this weekend I made marshmallow cocoa stirring sticks from better homes and gardens....
Gather up milk chocolate or mint chocolate chips, marshmallows, peppermint sticks or sucker sticks, jimmies for decorating, and a foam core like you use for floral arrangements (if u use the sucker sticks, which were easier to use).
Melt chips in the microwave, get mallows ready by stabbing with sucker sticks. Dip mallows in chocolate just up to where the top of the mallows show. Drip off excess chocolate and place mallows, stick side, into foam to dry. Before dry sprinkle with jimmies or your favorite decorating sugar.






The next thing I made was white chocolate popcorn from eighteen25 (you can find their blog off to the side). This is for sure going to be a very addicting treat!






And the last homemade gift is homemade cocoa mix with French vanilla snowman mallows on top of the mix. I found this recipe on martha stewarts website and is the only cocoa we drink now. The recipe is simple, 3 1/2 cups sugar, 2 1/4 cups baking cocoa, and 1 tablespoon salt. Mix up in a ziploc bag and store either in that bag or glass jar. You can mix either with hot milk or water, and it only needs about 1 tablespoon per cup.

If your wondering about what I used for my cute little, very easy, tags here ya go... I used winter wood friends from www.pccrafter.com and my print shop program and the business card template. Any graphic will work, try some of the totally cool graphic designs from Lettering Delights. You can get there by clicking on the banner at the top of my page.

Let me know what your homemade gifts are this year!

Juls :)
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...