November 20, 2008

My favorite pizza recipe!

This is the ONLY pizza recipe that I ever use. I use a 13 x 9 jelly roll pan for this pizza, it ends up being like a pan pizza. I also use spaghetti sauce in stead of pizza sauce, what ever I don't use out of the jar I divide between little freezer bags for the next time I make pizza. I have also browned up a pound of italian sausage and only used have of it for our sausage pepperoni pizza, then I make a "Pizza Pack" with the leftover sausage in one little freezer bag, and the spaghetti sauce in another. I then up the two little bags in a big freezer bag and freeze until I'm ready to make pizza again. I have figured out that one 8 slice pizza costs about $3.50 to make, and the boys like it so much better than take out!

Pizza Dough in the bread machine

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, room temp.
2 tablespoons oil, evoo or whatever you have, I use evoo
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsps active dry yeast ( or one of the little pouches)

Make dough in bread maker, put ingredients in according to your bread machine on the dough cycle. 
Build your pizza and bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...