SO, I went and had the dreaded blood test done, I hate these things, but you would think that I would be getting use to them!
So here's the skinny, my thyroid was to the not working stage again, it was HUGE again (no wonder I have been having a hard time swallowing anything!), and she couldn't believe how much hair I had lost! So she raised my dose of meds, and then said "We can keep giving it the old college try, but maybe it's time to get the stupid thing taken out."
Here are the reasons why I don't want to get it take out.
1. The tumor is attached to the thyroid is resting on my vocal cords. There is a 5% chance that the surgeon could knick them, and that would SUCK!
2. The surgery itself is really bad! Long recovery, and I don't want to miss that much work, or put out that much money!
3. Since it's an auto immune disease, my body could turn it into something worse like Lupus! I would rather have it attack my thyroid until it's dead, like they have been waiting for.
BUT, on the other hand here would be the good things from having it taken out.
1. I would loose all this weight that I can't seem to shake
2. I wouldn't ache all over anymore
3. I wouldn't be loosing my hair
4. I would have hot flashes anymore
5. I would feel way better
This is all, of course, if my body decided that the thyroid wasn't there anymore to attack, and it didn't decide to attack anything else.
So, what do you think? Please give me your feedback on this!
To remove or not to remove, THAT is the question!