August 16, 2009

Gluten Free Bagels

I am just cooking up a storm today. Besides the pancakes, and these yummy bagels, I also have a loaf of gluten free bread baking in the bread maker! I guess that's what the nasty, rainy weather does to me, makes me want to cook.

I have been wanting to make this recipe off of Pamela's bread mix bag, and finally got around to doing it today. Here is the recipe if you would like to try it, we can't wait to cut into these tomorrow morning for breakfast!

Gluten Free Bagels

1 bag Pamela's Bread Mix
1 Yeast Packet (enclosed in bread mix)
1 1/3 cups warm water
1/4 cup oil
1 egg white

Makes Approximately 6 to 7 bagels

1. Combine dry mix, yeast, oil & water (egg white is used to brush bagels before baking)
2. Mix on medium for 3 minutes (I just mixed in until the ingredients were mixed up, then I kneaded for about 2 minutes).
3. Use 1/2 cup of dough for each bagel. Oil hands and place on greased baking sheet, in the form of a bagel. Don't worry about the hole just yet, we will get to that later.
4. Let rise for 1 hour, then poke hole in the center of each bagel
5. In boiling water, boil bagels for 25 seconds.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on greased baking sheet. Brush with egg white, and top with seeds of your choice or sea salt.
7. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...