August 16, 2009

Yummy Gluten Free Pancakes!

We love having pancakes and waffles on the weekends. I have a tried and true basic waffle recipe that came in the cookbook with our waffle maker, so light and fluffy, they always turn out yummy. So when my son and I had to become gluten free the first thing we thought of was, no more of those yummy waffles! After several trials with using alternative flours and such for the recipe, and trying ready made mixes, I finally have our favorite waffle recipe perfect, and gluten free. This morning I decided to try it as pancakes, and of course they turned out fluffy and awesome. So here is my recipe, hope you enjoy it.

Gluten Free Waffles Or Pancakes

2 C. Gluten Free Mama's Almond Blend
2 TBSP Cane Sugar
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Zanthan Gum
1 3/4 C. Milk
1/3 C. Oil
2 Eggs

Combine Almond Blend, sugar, baking powder, salt, and zanthan gum in bowl, set aside.
In separate bowl, combine milk, oil & eggs. Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just blended.
Bake in waffle maker, or spoon onto med high griddle for pancakes. If making pancakes, flip when bubbles start to form on top.

Julie Fox
coziathome.blogspot.com
foxmom1971@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...