May 7, 2010

Crocheted Swirling Bag

Wow, it's been a long time since I have updated my blog! And it's been a long time since I've been crocheting. It seems like I search for patterns on Ravelry more than I crochet! This winter I did learn to knit, and my first project was a cool felted back in just the knit stitch. I'm hoping to do more knitting, but I really love crochet, and want to explore the Amigurumi (I just know I spelled that wrong, but you all know what I'm talking about, lol) sector.

Right now I am working on a Crocheted Swirling Bag from the book Crocheted gifts by interweave. I'm almost done, and glad of it! It's a really fun bag to make, and a lot easier than I had expected, but it's all done in single crochet, so gets a little boring. If you want to check out the bag, and get a free pattern, go HERE. I always looked at this bag as being too hard or time consuming for me, but after I watched the video of how it worked, I just had to try it. It also has opened my eyes to doing more of the projects I think, "might" be a little on the hard side, instead of being lazy and sticking with easy patterns. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.

So there you have it, so far. I'm hoping that I will get it done this weekend, and I will post it as soon as I'm done. Then it's on to the next project, who knows what it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...