May 11, 2010

My first garden, and some deck improvments.












I was talking to one of my good friends about all these street tires that are in the shed. It costs so much to take them to the dump and get rid of them, so the hubby has been collecting them over the past few years. Anyway, she told me that she uses them as container gardens. She said that the heat from the rubber helps them to grow. I'm all for reuse and recycle, so I went for it. There are 6 tires in the garden area, and one in my flower bed. I also did two as planters in the front, I'll take some pictures soon to show you. My garden consists of tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, sweet peas, strawberries, and green peppers. I also planted herbs in the one I put in the flower bed area.
I will keep you all posted on the progress, I'm really liking the idea, and they don't look that bad!


With all the neighbor troubles, more like we have headed back to middle school, stuff, we decided to put up some panels to make our deck more private. I've had so much fun decorating them, and my new obsession is making little fountains. I love the sound of the water, It's really soothing to me. I'm sure I will be making more, and I will also be looking for more things to decorate the deck with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...