June 6, 2010

Getting ready for summer.

I've been working on the house lately and tending to my garden, so it's been awhile since I have been on my blog! I am planning on getting back into the swing of things with my blog and my addiction to yarn and paper! So check back this week for some new ideas, crochet patterns, and what I'm working on. 

I was just looking around online today and thought I would check out what Martha has been up to. I found this fun idea for decorating this summer and the 4th....

Easy Sand Candles

Easy Sand Candles

Pay tribute to the Stars and Stripes (emphasis on the stripes). Red, white, and blue bands of sand dress up votive candles to make flickering lights that are cheerful and fun. Sand is available in a variety of colors at art-supply stores; designing a candle is as simple as pouring layers into a glass. Make several, and create a patriotic centerpiece to coordinate with china or linens for outdoor dining.
To make a sand candle, fill a clear drinking glass with enough sand so that a votive candle placed on top falls just below the rim. Set the glass inside a clear glass vase or jar. With a funnel, fill the gap between the two containers with layers of colored sand, using enough to reach the rim of the drinking glass.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...