June 14, 2010

Safeway, Hubby's Slippers & Herb Garden

The picture really doesn't do justice to how well I did at Safeway last week!
Our Safeway just did a remodel, so there were lots of cheap and freebie things to be had. I ended up spending $44.30 on $94.70 worth of food! Yes, I saved $50.70, and what a high that was!!! Free 24 pack of water, $1 pineapple, $1 clam shell of mixed salad greens, free peanut butter, free apple juice, free eggs... I could go on but I would be here all night! I also found some great deals in the clearance meat section, and I stocked up on whole chickens for .99 a pound, we love drunk chicken on the grill in the summer. So needless to say, I was giddy when I got home and unloaded all of my groceries and figured out what I saved, how many meals it would make, and so on.... Very cool.


Well, one slipper done for hubby's fathers day gift! This is my hubby's slipper compared to my flip flop, what big feet he has, size 13! The kiddo is catching up quick too, at almost 15 (less than a month :( ) He is up to a 12 1/2.
I'm making these out of universal yarn worsted, and the colors match almost perfect to the colors he painted his motorcycle last year. The pattern is the greatest, I see a lot of these in my future for gifts and for the boys to slide up and down the hallway in! I got the pattern from Bev's country cottages: It's called Bev's Quick Slipp-ers and you can find it at http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/slippers1.html
They are a blast, and very fast!

My herb garden is growing very well with all the rain and sun we've had. I have catnip, parsley, dill, and chives going, also basil, but it's looking pretty sad right now. As most of you know, this is my first year gardening so I need a little help with the herb section... Does anyone know exactly how you harvest herbs? I think the dill is getting to the point that I can start using it, but I'm not sure, so any help on this would be totally awesome!

So that's about it for now. School is out tomorrow, and I actually can't wait! Mostly I can't wait to sleep in, yes I do have my priorities! I'm also going to be making some new crochet and paper treats to sell in my etsy shop, so watch for those, and a free pattern on here as well.... WOW, it's gonna be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...