January 25, 2010

French Press Cozy


I was looking all over for a french press cozy, and couldn't find one that would work. So I decided to figure one out on my own.

Here is the pattern, hope you enjoy it!

French Press Crochet Cozy
I Hook
100% Cotton Sugar and Cream
2 buttons
sewing needle
DMC floss

Measure your Presses length and width around. Mine measured 4 inches high, and 12 1/2 width around. I ended up doing 13 inches around, but if I make it again I will do 13 1/2 to have more than enough room for the buttons.

Chain enough ch stitches till you get to your height measurements.
Row 1: Turn and single crochet in second chain from hook, and in each ch across. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 2, HDC in first SC, and in each SC across. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, DC in first HDC, and in each HDC across.

Repeat Rows 1, 2 & 3 in this sequence until your piece measures to the width you would like, Ending with the ROW 3 DC. Ending with a DC row will make it so you don't need to make button holes.

 Finish off and weave in the ends.

Measure your piece around your press, and make a note as to where you would like to place your buttons.
Sew on 2 buttons, one on the top, and one on the bottom with DMC floss. I used smaller buttons so that they fit nicely into the DC holes.

Let me know how your press cozy turns out, I know that mine will come in very handy, and the cotton that I used matches my kitchen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...