October 24, 2010

Cold, Rainy, and warming up with Zuppa Toscana

Yes, the boys thought I was nuts to be taking a picture of our dinner last night :) But I am a little crazy, as we all know! This recipe was extremely close to the olive garden version, and oh so good!! I found this recipe at eighteen25, totally awesome ideas there, you must go check them out! This will be one of our go to soups for winter, the boys couldn't tell there were onions in it, and didn't even mind the kale!! Sweet, I won a food challenge vs. the men in the house for a change! With leftovers of this soup in the fridge, I'm thinking some for lunch is in order on this rainy day.

Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana Recipe
4-6 servings
Ingredients:

1 lb Italian Sausage
2 large russet potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 bag Oscar Meyer bacon bits
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups kale, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream








Directions:
1. Cook sausage in a 300°F oven for approximately 30 minutes.

2. Drain sausages on paper towels and cut into slices.

3. Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.

4. Add sausage and bacon and salt and pepper to taste.

5. Simmer for another 10 minutes.

6. Turn to low heat and add kale and cream.

7. Heat through and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...