February 24, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I know I have posted this before, but it's been so popular I decided to post again.
It's a snow day here in Idaho, with bitter cold, and a blizzard warning. So I decided to make our favorite Baked Oatmeal for breakfast... (I'm digging the picture I took with my phone using the retro camera app for android.)
So here is the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Baked Oatmeal....

3 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if you have an allergy)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of one of the following... dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts, chopped apple, banana, or blueberries

Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Beat in milk, eggs , melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in fruit or nuts of choice if you want, you can also leave this out all together.
Spread into a 8x8 pan, greased.
Bake for 40 min.

Comes out really yummy and filling! This morning I didn't put any fruit in it and just added a handful of blueberries on it. My son likes to mix in a spoon of natural peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...