February 8, 2011

Valentines day decor

I have been having so much fun making things for valentines day. Here are some of the fun things I've made from ideas I've found online....

Here is my vday tree. I found a package of wood heart shapes at wal-mart for $1.97, had some valentines day paper and stickers that matched that I thought would make cute hearts. All I did was trace around the hearts, cut them out, adhered them to the wood hearts with mod podge, sanded the edges, and then mod podged the whole heart. They turned out really cute! And for the tree I used an old vase I had, some spanish moss, and some twigs that I had bought at the craft store. I was thinking about just going and cutting twigs in the woods, but really wanted them to last. My plan is to make a tree for every holiday or season using these branches and vase.
Here is a close up of the hearts. 

Here is another mod podge project. I bought this plain red mailbox in the dollar section at target. I used the same valentines day paper and stickers to decorate it. Now I wish that I would have bought some more.

This one was fun! I used my cricut to cut out the hearts and letters using my sure cuts a lot program and some lettering delights dingbats. I'm really loving sure cuts a lot and the cricut.


I'm loving this picture.. keep calm and love on. I put it next to a collage of pictures of my sweetie and I in Vegas for Sema this year. I think I will keep this picture out next to the collage all year long. All I did was search keep calm in the graphics section of google and found the print.

And here is the finished product, everything put together for a fun valentines day mantel.



handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...