February 10, 2011

Third Times A Charm???





I've been working on making this spiral bag out of crocheted gifts (love this book by the way!)
I have actually made this bag before, but it came out a little small for me...


I was looking on Ravelry to see what other yarns have been used to make it a success. I decided to try using Sugar n' Cream.
The first bag I started I realized I wouldn't have enough of the color I started with, and they didn't have any more at the local yarn shops. So I started a second one...



Well after a couple hanks being so knotted that I was pulling my hair out, I quit using the better cotton and went back to sugar n cream. I really didn't want to go and spend money on colors I didn't have, so to my stash I went. I found more than enough natural with pastel flecks, a nice pink, a soft pink and cream stripes, and a good old cream. So here is the bag so far, with the nice fleck done, starting on the pink......

Yesterday at the yarn shop stitch n' bitch I got the rest of the pink done and I'm now on to the pink and cream stripes....



I'm hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend. But I do need to take a break and finish a red hat for my teenager valentine. I have made him so many hats lately He's probably gonna say "Mom, another hat?" But he's wearing them, so I figure he can never have too many.

1 comment:

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...