February 16, 2011

Our Valentines

I should have posted this on Valentines Day, but I have been so down in the dumps I just don't want to do anything. I haven't even worked on my purse, all I want to do is sit and stare into space!

So, we did have a good Valentines day. The day before we went out to eat with friends, that was a lot of fun, and my son's now ex girlfriend (another long story) gave him this really cool candy bouquet.....

I think this would be a fun gift for a birthday, or really cute with all Easter candy for the older kids from the Easter Bunny.

I decided that this year I was going to make goodies for my 2 boys...

For my son I made gluten free devil's food cupcakes with strawberry frosting. I used the gluten free cake mix and frosting by betty crocker. This mix is so awesome, you can never tell they are gluten free! He was totally excited about that.

For the Hubby I made his favorite.....

Popcorn cake! This is actually a Christmas thing, and the recipe is from his step mom. I actually have changed it a little because He really likes it when it's gooey....

Popcorn Cake...

1 stick of butter (you can use margarine, but why eat something that is so close to plastic?, yuck!)
6 cups popcorn or so ( I use one of the microwaveable bowls so basically it's a full bowl, or if you use an air popper it would be a full bowl of that.
1 package of the big marshmallows. For vday I used the jet puff strawberry hearts they came out with, and Christmas I used the vanilla snowman, it gave it a different flavor for each holiday.
1 package of hoilday m&m's
about a cup, or more of gum drops. I used those gummy hearts for this one.
1 cup of peanuts if you want to, I didn't use them for this one, and the hubby actually liked it better.

Melt butter in big microwaveable bowl. add marshmallows and cook two minutes at a time until melted. Add rest of ingredients and spread in a greased 11x13 pan. Put in the fridge for about an hour to set up. Make sure you keep covered!


Since I am trying to watch my sugar intake and other things I eat, since I haven't been feeling up to par, My hubby got me this cute flower arrangement in a hersey's kiss candy dish...
I love it when you get things you can reuse!



So that's about it on Valentines day. Hopefully I will get more in the craft/crochet mode soon and will have a finished bag and other things to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...