December 19, 2009

Gluten Free Disney Coconut bars & Homemade Cocoa Mix.

I have been wanting to make homemade cocoa mix for awhile, so I made one up from Martha Stewart's website. Not sure if I like it yet, It for sure needs something else, more sugar? not sure.

Anyway, click HERE to get the recipe from Martha's site.



Today was my holiday baking day. I only got through 3/4 of it before I pooped out. Tomorrow will be gluten free cookies day.
I did change one of our favorite recipes to make it gluten free thou.... So here it is.

Disney's Chocolate Coconut Bars
3 c. GF Gingersnap cookie crumbs.
2/3 C. Butter, melted
1/2 C. Sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
4 1/2 C. Sweetened Flaked Coconut
1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. Pecans, chopped
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
Red & Green Jimmies or Sprinkles

Preheat over to 325. Line 13 x 9 pan with foil, enough to overhang sides, coat with pam. Combine crumbs, butter, sugar, & cinnamon. Press onto bottom of pan.

Combine coconut, chips & pecans. spread evenly over crumbs mix, pour milk over coconut mixture, sprinkle with jimmies.

Bake 30 minutes, or until light brown. Cool. Use foil to lift from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...