January 14, 2011

Repurposed Christmas Charger


When I went to bed, bath and beyond the other day, they had all of their Christmas decor 80% off. I decided to take a look around to see what I might find that I could use for something other than Christmas. Ta da, a red charger was sitting there marked .45 cents.
I was in a total craft mood today, forget the dishes and laundry *grin* so I worked on repurpose of different Christmas decor.

Here is what you need for this project:
One red charger
Valentines card stock
Mod podge
Sponge brush
Zots to attach ribbon
Medium wide ribbon
Wide ribbon.

I drew out a circle that was the same diameter of the center of the charger, using a bowl as my template.
Adhere mod podge to the center of the charger and place your circle of card stock the way you want it.
Paint mod podge all over the top of the card stock and up the sides of the charger, it will dry clear so make sure you really stick it on good.
Once dry, attach medium wide ribbon in a loop fashion around the inside of your charger, on top of the card stock with zots.
Take wide ribbon and make a pretty bow, attach it with zots to where the medium ribbon begins and ends... Ta da, you have a great valentines piece for your dining table, this is what I did with mine......




I will be posting the crocheted cupcake tomorrow.
I know this isn't really date night related, but is all about love!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Please comment!

 Bringing the blog back to life.  Hey Friends!  I know it has been a super long time since I've been here, and I'm hoping that you w...